Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

And now another year has come and passed
Sometimes the time just flies by too fast

It seems that Christmas is already here
And that means 2011 is drawing quite near

But I must say I can no longer withhold
All the Christmas presents that are getting old

Books are boring
Legos are lame
And video games are all simply the same

Money's just money
iTunes is toast
Candy and chocolate are pretty darn gross

CDs are silly
And clothes are cruddy
Pocketknives and such will just make my hands bloody

Electronics are evil
And trinkets are trashy
And anything else is too horribly flashy

So you may be asking what on earth do I want?
Well I don't toys, knickknacks or nice restaurants
There's simply only one thing that'll suffice
And that's a Mom who's loving and nice

No Xbox will ever make me lunch every day
No album will care for me when I'm not okay
No Nikes will ever wash all my things
No toy can make creases that a lasting smile brings

So here's to you Mom
The best present yet
And the only one I actually hope that I get

So I wrote you this poem so you'd always know
Merry Christmas Mom, and that I love you so.

5 comments:

The Friesen Family said...

Who wrote that?! That's a great Christmas present!

Suzanne said...

That was my present from David.

Leslie said...

What a perfect present! Love it!

Rachael said...

Perfection. Simply, perfection. Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas. We miss you!

Lisa said...

man, if i could cry...i totally would have. but alas, i can not cry. good job david, way to make me think about crying. ;)