Thursday, March 4, 2010

I hate to admit...

The next blog challenge topic is "I hate to admit...", my nieces have all posted theirs but, I have to admit I am not sure I want to do this. Really, is admitting the things you hate to admit going to help? We shall see..

I hate to admit:

that I take my kids to the dentist regularly but only go myself if pain drives me there

that I eat a bowl of cereal in bed almost every night

that I never graduated from college and that it still bothers me

Oh, and this one is for Rachael, that I failed bowling in college because it was at 7:30 in the morning

speaking of mornings, I hate to admit that I am grouchy in the morning, it just sounds so cliche'

that I have wasted a lot of money buying things that I had good intentions on using and never did

that I get my feelings hurt really easy

that I love to do laundry and mow the lawn and throw things away (I'm afraid I have some sort of disorder)

speaking of disorders, I hate to admit that I go to the internet to see what disease I might have every time I feel a pain

that I only cook a "real" dinner a couple of times a week

that I have started to think about (and when I say "think about" I really mean "worry about") my kids leaving home

and I hate to admit that this is just a small sampling of all of the things that I hate to admit. But I think it's for the best if I stop now before I completely depress myself. I have an idea, next let's list all of the things we started and never finished or tried and failed. Wouldn't that be fun?


5 comments:

Amy said...

I hate to admit that even though it seems that your list depressed you, I loved it. I think it's super interesting the things you can learn about a person! I also love to throw things away, but I only like mowing, and I hate laundry. It surprises me that your feelings get hurt easy, you always seem so confident to me! I stopped looking up pains and symptoms after I had newborns because I could easily convince myself that things were way worse than they were. I didn't need anything else to make me cry. I do that easily enough on my own.

I also think its super cool that you eat a bowl of cereal in bed every night. Makes me wish I liked cereal more.

Lisa said...

i read your list out loud, cause rach was sitting next to me and complained that if i was going to read it either read it silently or all the way out loud. so i chose to read it out loud. we both laughed out loud at the whole looking up pains on the internet. mainly cause i've totally done that too. rach and i both agree that if you love laundry so much we would be willing to let you do some of ours...always plenty to do. and also, just so you know we both think that if we made dinner a couple times in one week, we were having a hell of a week! (like amy, we had no idea you got your feelings hurt easily) hopefully we've never been the cause.

peace,
lisa and rach

p.s. we LOVE your new post ideas

Amy said...

Also, if it makes you feel better, Rachael and I have been telling each other and ourselves, for over a week now, to make dentist appts before the pain gets any worse. Appointments made yet? Nope.

The Friesen Family said...

I love this post! I agree with the earlier comments that if I make a "real" dinner twice a week - that's a GOOD week! I love to hear that your family eats PBJ, cereal and take-out as much as mine. Your list doesn't seem depressing at all. I have always admired you for being so level-headed and thinking of the things I wish I'd thought of! And the college - I don't think it matters but if it bothers you - just remember that it's never too late. Dave graduated at age 38 after feeling "bothered" for years because he didn't have a degree. Although I think I'd put up with a little bother in exchange for not having homework.

Your list just reminds me of all the reasons I love having you as my friend (not even to mention what a lifesaver you are as a co-worker)!

The Friesen Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.