I'd like to tell you about my friend in this photo. She's actually more than a friend, she's family. We met when our boys were in kindergarten, seven years ago. Volunteering in the classroom on the same day each week, we became quick friends. She is smart and strong, funny and adventurous and the trait I envy the most, she's nice. The kind of nice that I wish I could be. Over the years we have seen each other through the ups and downs, spent holidays and vacations together, watched each other's pets and kids, laughed and cried. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I'm forever grateful to the kindergarten volunteer scheduler, who's random act changed my life.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Picture #8
So I have been in quite a blogging slump. I haven't felt like I have anything to write about or that I want to write about or that someone would want to read. My kids aren't little anymore, so the "firsts" are few and far between now. I could write about the first time my teenager gave me attitude, but I'd just get more attitude for writing about that. I could tell you about my vacation to Maui... it was awesome. Done. Now what? I have even been contemplating shutting the blog down (again). But then, right out of the blue, my most reluctant blogging niece starting posting again and challenging us to do the same. Finally (I thought) something to blog about! She challenged us to post picture number #8 from our December folder and write about it. Perfect! I can do that. I went right to my folder and...six, seven, eight. Oh great. Picture #8 in my December folder is not even a picture of a seasonal activity or a place we visited, it is a Christmas card photo I took for my friend. Another roadblock. Or is it? Maybe it's not a roadblock, maybe instead it's an opportunity.
I'd like to tell you about my friend in this photo. She's actually more than a friend, she's family. We met when our boys were in kindergarten, seven years ago. Volunteering in the classroom on the same day each week, we became quick friends. She is smart and strong, funny and adventurous and the trait I envy the most, she's nice. The kind of nice that I wish I could be. Over the years we have seen each other through the ups and downs, spent holidays and vacations together, watched each other's pets and kids, laughed and cried. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I'm forever grateful to the kindergarten volunteer scheduler, who's random act changed my life.
I'd like to tell you about my friend in this photo. She's actually more than a friend, she's family. We met when our boys were in kindergarten, seven years ago. Volunteering in the classroom on the same day each week, we became quick friends. She is smart and strong, funny and adventurous and the trait I envy the most, she's nice. The kind of nice that I wish I could be. Over the years we have seen each other through the ups and downs, spent holidays and vacations together, watched each other's pets and kids, laughed and cried. I couldn't ask for a better friend. I'm forever grateful to the kindergarten volunteer scheduler, who's random act changed my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I just had the longest comment ever, I was just finishing up and Addison just wiped it away. I have no idea where it went. Holy cow that is frustrating. I'll will try again, but it probably won't be as great, dang it!
I am so excited to see you posted! You just need to keep checking our blogs for the daily topic. Amy has this big jar of ideas that we are drawing from every week. And they are not all about kids!
I think it is a true blessing to meet someone so randomly like that and find a lifetime friend.
And don't sell yourself short, you are a super nice person! I think you need to start an advice column for mothers in need of some practical and logical solutions to problems and situations they are facing. Just an idea, but I think it is a really good one.
I am way excited you guys are coming soon, and I think us girls might need to do a little emailing and set up some plans, so we actually go do something fun...not that hanging out at my moms isn't fun...but, you know what I mean!
Keep blogging!
She really does exist! =-) What a great picture and a great post. I think she's probably feeling just as grateful for a friend like you! And I agree with the post before mine - you've already achieved niceness!
I agree with everything Rachael said!
It is super exciting to see you blogging again, and it doesn't matter what you write about, we read it! Even my dad reads it. In fact, I got a call last night requesting that I add a comment from him since he hasn't bothered to figure that part out. So, from Dlando, he says: "It's Alive!" said in a very gravely voice!
I also think you should follow along with our topics, if it would mean you would blog more! And, I would love it too if you blogged about logic and practicality. You really always have been super good about knowing how to respond to your kids.
I just started volunteering in Spencer's class on Mondays and am loving it. It would be great to actually meet a few moms but I'm not sure that's going to happen, I think I'm the only one that volunteers. The boys are obviously the same age, but what about the girls?
Thanks for all the kind words. I should have elaborated a bit more on the nice thing. I know how to be nice to people I like and respect, she somehow finds a way to be nice to people who don't deserve it. I wish I could do that.
Amy to answer your question the girls are just 9 months apart, so that puts them one grade apart, but they get along great anyway. They call each other cousins.
It's also ironic that you would say that I know how to respond to my kids on a morning when Katie has me in tears! I think that we all struggle, all the time, just trying to do our best for them.
Post a Comment