Monday, November 9, 2009

Mornings

You all know that I am not exactly a morning person. I've been like that for as long as I can remember. My Mom used to bribe me to get out of bed with hot breakfasts made to order. I'd sit there in front of that wonderful breakfast and I would still be as grumpy and miserable as possible. Now that David gets picked up for school at dawn, I feel like I would be a terrible mother if I just stayed in bed. Even though he doesn't really need me to be up, I get up with him each morning at 5:50, but I still don't like it. I try not to be grumpy, but most days I just wish I were back in bed. But every once in a while, there's a tiny reward. A reward that only David and I get to share while the rest of the world sleeps. This morning was one of those days.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great post! I don't like getting up with them either. Madison gets up WAY to early so I make sure I am up in time to get CHristian up. They leave at the same time. Forget making the hot breakfast, though! You were a lucky girl!

Rachael said...

That picture is beautiful! I have never been a morning person. I would much rather go to bed in the wee hours and rise sometime mid morning. I am grateful for afternoon kindergarten.

The Friesen Family said...

I'm usually awake at 5:50 but trying to convince myself that I can fall back asleep. Tomorrow maybe I'll get up and catch a glimpse of the sunrise. Or maybe I'll just revisit your picture around 8:00!