Another soccer season is wrapping up, it's Katie's 7th. Hard to believe that my second grader has played for 7 seasons! Crazy. But as much as this is her 7th season, it's my 7th season too. She chose the sport, but I have come to love it. While Katie loves playing, I love sitting in the park on a beautiful sunny Saturday, with the other soccer parents and watching the girls have a great time. Many of these girls, and our amazing Coach Doug, have been together for 6 seasons now. That's 6 seasons of sitting on the sidelines with my fellow soccer parents and cheering, chatting and laughing together. I find that when the sun is shining, I look forward to Tuesday and Thursday nights and Saturday mornings when I can sit with those friends and watch the game unfold. It's funny how much the kids sports and sport teams become a part of our adult lives. I'm not sure how Katie feels about this season coming to an end, but I know that I will be counting the days until the next one begins.
3 comments:
You're such a good mom! When I think of soccer I think of cold, wet (muddy), windy mornings and evenings sitting (if you're lucky and chairs are allowed) on the sidelines freezing. Although I love watching the kids and cheering with my parent friends, the sunny days during soccer season seem rare and that's why I like basketball!
I hope I learn to love my kids in sports. Maybe I shouldn't have signed Colton up for t-ball first...
that's crap...how did you guys get all the nice weather? the only reason i hated soccer season this year is because the weather sucked, big time.
Post a Comment