Monday, October 20, 2008

Fab Field Trip

Last Friday I went on a fabulous field trip with David.  His school went to the Ape Cave Lava Tube at Mt. St. Helens.  The hike is about 3/4 of a mile long and is completely underground. It was scary and amazing all at the same time! The tube was created about 2,000 years ago. At one point we turned off all of our flashlights and experienced "absolute darkness".  It was a strange sensation. If you ever get the chance to visit, take it! You won't regret it.

Ok, as Rachael mentioned, David doesn't look too thrilled in this photo.  But what you can't see in the picture is that the entire middle school is standing in the park and seeing David getting his picture taken.  So, this is David trying to look cool!




3 comments:

The Friesen Family said...

You are both very brave! Sounds like a fun field trip.

BTW - I think you should blow up some of your flower pictures and hang them in your house. Dave's big on photography too and most of the time there aren't any people in his pictures. He goes for the landscape shots!

Leslie said...

That looks awesome. I want to take the kids there!

Rachael said...

David looks so thrilled in the first picture! Again, can I come back in my next life as one of your kids???